Thursday, April 29, 2010

Rabbit Hole

We went way down the Rabbit Hole tonight. It was bad! After it was over I just kind of shut down. What more is there to do? I really can't remember the last time we went down the Rabbit Hole, which is good. It used to happen on a daily basis, sometimes a couple of times a day. So this is a dramatic improvement. But when it does happen it makes me feel so bad.

Sweetie heart and I did things to each other that we both feel bad about. We both apologized and we both forgave each other.

The activating event for me is the attacks that happen on her younger sister. Don't get me wrong, most of the time Sweet Girl can hold her own and she fights back. But there are times when being bigger means that you can and will hurt someone. As I watched it all play out, I sat on the sidelines letting them go at it verbally, even though it makes me absolutely crazy listening to them bicker. When the fist hitting started I stepped in...not so patiently, I might add. All the little stuff adds up and it didn't go so well. Sweetie Heart was in the Rabbit Hole and I totally went down with her.

Oh well. There's always tomorrow.

No comments: