Wednesday, June 18, 2008


I had this great WFMW planned for this week. Of course, I was planning to do it this morning and post it this afternoon (how's that for planning.) However, we had a bit of a surprise, not in a good way.

Now I knew motherhood would be hard, but some days I feel like it comes to blows for me emotionally. Today was a doosey. I got up extra early (read 4:30am!) to make blueberry muffins for Webby. The batter was mixed and put in the fridge last night, so I just took it out, out it in the muffin tins and cooked. Since I was up I made bread, too. I make bread on a weekly basis, so this in and of itself is not amazing, doing it at 4:30 in the morning is. I was able to give a wakeful kiss to Webby before he left for work and even got showered before the girls got up.

When the girls get up I get them dressed and hair done before we go downstairs for breakfast. It's easier for me that way. When I took Sweetie Heart's nightgown off she had a rash all over her trunk and back, up her neck and on her theighs. It was really itchy. I gave her some Benadryl, and if you know me that's a really big deal. I tend not to medicate my children unless I absolutely feel it is necessary. My next door neighbor is an EMT so we went over there and she had a look. She said I should call the doctor and get her in today. So I did and we did. The rash in and of itself I guess wasn't that big of a deal, but when the doctor was listening to her heart he heard a substancial murmur. And because they presented at the same time he wanted to checked into. So we went for an Echocardiogram at the hospital. Now that hospital is 45 minutes away and remember I don't have a car, or the car seats (they're in the car.) Plus I'm worried and scared and so is she.

I called Webby and he came home. Here's the thing, he was supposed to be working 1.5 hours away this week, but things changed yesterday. He was actually working at the hospital we were going to. Now if this doesn't prove that Heavenly Father knows us and what we need, I don't know what does. So we whet up and everything went smoothly. The initail look at the ECG looks good. Might be a flutter. I looked like one as I watched the screen, but what do I know I've never seen a heart before. I wasn't supposed to hear back until Friday, but got the call from our local doctor about as soon as we walked in the door.

Sweetie Heart was a real trooper. She was so brave and trusting and cooperative. She was truly granted peace. So it seems all is well. We were gone almost all day. So, I'm headed to bed to read for a bit before I fall asleep with the book open. No one told me how hard it was going to be being a parent. It looks so easy when you're a kid. And yet, I wouldn't trade it for the world. They are my world and I love them!

So I'll save that WFMW for next week. Maybe I'll even do it tomorrow so it will be ready before Wednesday. Kiss those babies!


Liz McCoy said...

well i'm glad things worked out...yes sometimes there are really tough parts to being a helps put things in perspective too.

Kelly said...

I'm so glad it looks like everything is OK. I swear these little people use us up completely... our hearts some days, our patience others. I guess that's why we go into it blindly - If we knew what we were in for as mommies, we might have been to scared to take it on!