Monday, April 14, 2008

On whom do you rely?

So I just linked over to this article from one of my favorite bloggers. This really got to me. Sometimes I really need to reflect a little about how much I truly do need my maker. I have been blessed in so many ways, and yet I forget. I think that what I am doing is all about me. When in reality everything that I have and everything that I need comes from my Heavenly Father. He knows me better than I know myself. He knows what I can handle. He loves me with a love that never ends. He wants me to come to Him, to rely on Him, and, sometimes, when I don't He humbles me. Then when there is nowhere else to go I turn to Him. In reality, that is the first place I should be turning, not the last. I love Him deeply, I am grateful for everything that He has given me and yet when was the last time I told Him?

1 comment:

becca ludwig said...

that was very touching. it makes me think about what is missing in my life. where were you before you wrote this? i'd like to read it too. i need to find a balance. i believe in god, but don't believe in organized religion. humans have misinturpted/currupted the word of god in my opinion. this is a conversation for another time.