Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Little Girl Running

Last year when I started running 5Ks Sweetie Heart decided that she wanted to runt hem with me.  Last year was about me.  I needed to do them alone.  This year is about her.  I told her that whether or not she trained for a 5K she could run in them if she wanted.  The first one of the season came around.  This was my first 5K last year.  It's a nice non-competitive race to raise money for one of the community schools in the area.  I was told by my midwife that there was no way that I should run, so I enlisted Webby to run with her.  
 She was a bit nervous
She and Webby had a wonderful race.  They finished in
34 minutes 35 seconds!  They had a great time and great weather for the race.  Little man had a good time, too, swimming in the rocks.


The following Thursday, Webby ran another 5k with a team from work.  He finished in 22 minutes and some odd seconds.  I guess we might be a family of runners.  Who would have thunk it?!

No comments: