Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Weeks 5: The Road Map & Week 6: The Crucial C's

Week 5: The Road Map!

This is a technique that will help you both get to where you want to go. I'm making some up right now. I'll post pictures when I'm done. Vicki offered Forum members a teleclass! This totally explained the Road Map so much better to me. I think I actually understand it now. It can be used to train on a small and large scale. Basically, it just setting long and short term goals and taking time to celebrate a long the way. So simple and yet it has had me a bit confused.

Week 6: The Crucial C's

This is one of my favorite strategies. When I went through the program the first time and practiced this I saw immediate results! It's about taking the time to connect with your kids on a daily basis. It's about helping them to feel capable. It's about helping them to see that their contribution to the family is not just nice but essential for the home to run smoothly. It's about courage and helping them to know that you have faith in them and what they can do, no matter how hard.

It also takes time for me to do this. I have to use my Road Map to make my plan on how I'm going to do this. But when I give up all the nagging, reminding, badgering etc, then I have the time to focus on the Crucial C's! I'll let you know how it goes.

The Crucial Cs were developed by Drs. Betty Lou Bettner and Amy Lew. For additional information on this topic, please visit http://www.connexionspress.com/books.htm



In other news, I think Squeak has food allergies. Very sad, but I'm seeing the signs and am talking action. Most of you know that Sweet Girl had some pretty severe food allergies that started almost at birth. Squeak is getting some of the same symptoms...facial rash, patches of eczema on his back, arms and legs. I talked to the doctor and she recommended that I do an elimination diet, which was what I had planned to do. I'm eliminating all the things Sweet Girl was allergic to. Not too much; eggs, dairy, nuts, beef. The beginning is always the toughest. It's the, What do I eat, now? question. I've done it before so here I go. Wish us luck!


Sweetie Heart has decided that she wants to play the guitar. So she is now saving her money to buy on. She has a bit from Christmas that she has saved. We went to the music store and she held one. She really wants it now, but Webby and I talked about it and have agreed that her saving her money for it and having to delay gratifacation is the right thing to do. We will pay for her lessons once she gets one. I've already looked in to lessons locally.



Sweet Girl started doing art classes at a local art studio that is run by a friend. She has really been enjoying it. Next session she will be doing a Pirate Art class. She is very excited about it. She loves pirates! My sister-in-law sent a pirate costume and Sweet Girl dressed up as one for Halloween!

No comments: